Wednesday 26 August 2009

Glass Magazine online: my debut article

Greetings readers,

Just a quick post to let you know about a new project I am involved with, Glass Magazine. This is how Glass describes itself:

"Glass evokes a sense of clarity and simplicity, a feeling of lightness and timelessness; a source of reflection and protection.

Glass magazine aims to bring integrity and guardianship to creative culture, by providing access to the genuinely inspiring adventures in fashion, art, music and design that allow us to further imagine and create.

Like glass, the artistic realm can be fragile and fleeting, but is blessed with a beauty and power that we want to share with our readers.

All these elements subtly come together, just like grains of sand, to make our magazine. A simple, honest, thought-provoking journal of curated modern culture focusing on sustainable luxury in our sometimes over-whelming, complicated times."

OK, so it may sound a little pretentious and atypical of some of my usual jaunts, but I have been given the freedom to write on anything I want as long as it is obviously in keeping with the Glass aesthetic (thus far!).

Anyway, I have written my first article on an old friend, Max Cooper, entitled "Symmetry in Music and Mathematics". I would be extremely grateful if you could have a read, and in the process check out the rest of the magazine. Glass also has a quarterly printed version, so if any of this particularly tickles you, please spread the word, and keep on reading.

Thanks for your time as always.

Peace,

F.

No comments: